This year, the JLC Board decided to use an innovative approach to the League’s end of the year activities. The Community Celebration, which recognizes our Fall and Spring Grant recipients and Community Partners, was paired in a single evening with the May Dinner- which celebrates a year of League achievements and ceremonially instates members to Active and Sustainer status. This effort was intended to enhance attendance at both events and required collaboration from the Community Council, Membership Council, and Marketing Council.
Check out our Spring Grant recipients below:
- IRC — $2000 to help pay for the Resettlement store restoration project
- Barrett Early Learning Center — $1250 to fund the Barrett’s Big Beautiful Garden. Our grant money will be used to purchase materials for the garden and a book documenting the project and entrance to the Albemarle County Fair.
- Fluvanna Middle School — $700 to fund the Poemas LIVE! program which will bring a professional, Latin dance group to the school
- TJACE — $750 to purchase graduation gowns and caps for GED graduates
- Muscles with Russell — $250 to purchase books given out at wellness and nutrition presentations
- Meals on Wheels — $1000 to help purchase meals for their Feed a Friend program
- Fluvanna County Schools — $1000 for their Families Learning Together program. This grant will used to cover transportation and meal costs for the program which provides education and support for undereducated parents.